Everyone and everything is online nowadays. Digital products are the new thing and they will be around for a long, long time. This means that you should join the bandwagon and create content online!
Are you planning to sell online courses online? If yes, you are in the right place! If you have curated an online course, you need an efficient platform to sell it online. Where there are many options in the market, the whole process can get overwhelming at times. In this article, we will help you understand how to sell your online courses to ensure maximum conversions. Read on:
Why should you sell an online course?
It is no surprise that the entire world is online now. The advent of COVID-19 has ensured that everyone has a digital place. Everyone is either studying or working from home. This is an ideal time to capitalize on selling a product online – especially an eLearning product.
Secondly, online courses have no geographical barriers. You can sell your course to anyone across the world, as it only needs an online platform and no traditional method of teaching.
Did you know that the eLearning market is expected to be worth $325 billion by the year 2025? Around 90% of corporations now use eLearning compared to just 4% in the year 1995! The growth is tremendous and the possibilities are endless.
To put it simply, eLearning is the future of online learning. More and more institutions and companies are choosing digital platforms for teaching and training. This also ensures a high growth in the Learning Management Systems.
If you know how to sell courses online, you can very well earn from it. Anybody can create an online course and sell it. All you need is knowledge and passion.
Here’s how you can sell courses online:
- Choosing a niche: The first thing is to pick a subject you know. However, you also have to ensure that such a subject has buyers. There should be a market for your product. The highest-selling courses are career-related. Some high-selling topics include computers and technology, business, arts and craft, writing, entertainment, science and math, and so on.
- Creating an online course: While the topics mentioned above belong to a broad category, you should choose a niche topic. You should also have expert-level knowledge about the topics. Lastly, you should have a fair idea of your audience. For creating an online course, you also need some equipment and softwares, for example, a good HD camera, ideal lighting, editing softwares, a green screen, and a script. All this gives a professional look to your online course.
- Choosing a platform: There are different platforms where you can choose to host and sell your online course. You can either choose an online course platform, self-host it, or choose an online course marketplace such as Udemy. We highly recommend WordPress, as it is an ideal content management software for all your needs.
- Making important decisions: Now that you have a good idea about what you need to do, it is time to decide the price. A good starting place is to check out what your competitors are doing. Depending on your expertise and the cost of creating and marketing the course, you can pick your price. However, for starters, you can always charge an amount that will attract customers from around the world. You should also research the income levels of your target audiences. Next, you need a good payment gateway that ensures easy and fast payments.
Another thing you can do to attract your audiences is to build relationships with them by offering them bonus content. You can also curate your notes and provide your audiences with extra lessons, case studies, and so on. Another great way to attract customers is by offering them referral bonuses.
- Marketing: Now that you have prepared an incredible online course, it is now time to market it! Marketing is an important aspect of any business and if you do not pay enough attention to it, you may not be successful. Just building an online course is not enough, you have to make sure that it reaches your target audiences. Since marketing is a huge concept, here are a few pointers to market your courses online:
- Make a website and keep it optimized. Your website should also be user-friendly and easy to navigate. Again, WordPress becomes an ideal choice here.
- Never underestimate the power of social media. Your audience is more likely to be online and you should create engaging content for them.
- Email marketing is yet another strategy that will lead to interest and conversions. You can create forms on your website and ask your visitors to fill them.
- Being student-oriented: Your student is your buyer and you should give them a valuable experience. This means your website should be easy to understand, your content should be of high-quality, and you should create a positive experience for them. You can also map out the whole syllabus so that the student understands the whole process. Another great thing to do is to build an online community of your students, wherein they can interact with you and each other. You can also create groups on social media such as Facebook. You can also have an FAQ section on your website. Lastly, always ask for feedback. Such organic feedback can go a long way in improving your course.
To sum it up, here’s the entire process:
- Choosing a niche for your online course.
- Creating an online course.
- Choosing a platform online.
- Making important decisions such as pricing.
- Marketing your online course.
- Being student-oriented and ensuring an optimized experience.
So, this was the entire process! Did you learn something new today? Let us know below. Creating an online course requires dedication and passion. If you think you have a liking for teaching, we suggest you create an online course right away! Thank you for reading and all the best with your online course!