WordPress is one of the best ways to ensure that you have a great website that is easy to use, customizable, and manageable. With both paid and free options, WordPress websites come with various unique styles, featuring a range of add-ons and plugins that can help make your website better.
Selecting a perfect WordPress theme is always challenging, especially when there are so many free and premium WordPress themes available on the market. There a question arises, if you can find so many free resources in the WordPress official directory, why should you go for a paid WordPress theme? Why waste money? And how do you come to know which one to choose?
To avoid all this confusion, you need to know the necessary features of free and premium themes and weigh up the pros and cons of each option, to make an informed decision. There are many reasons associated with investing in premium WordPress themes for your WordPress site. In this article, you will get to know the difference between free and premium WordPress themes and can evaluate which one provides the best solution as per your needs.
Free WordPress Theme
A free WordPress theme comes with tons of free and amazing features. Free themes tend to have a minimalist design because they don’t have many premium features and widgets. If your website does not employ the use of a lot of plugins, this could make for a speedy WordPress website. The free theme looks great and has everything you need. Let me know the advantages and disadvantages of using Free WordPress themes.
Advantage of free themes:-
- Free:- You don’t have to pay a single penny to download a free theme. You can use it to build your website easily and efficiently and make money out of your website. There are no hidden charges applied. You can use free themes if you want to set up your website on a minimal budget.
- Simple to use:- Free themes usually have a simple and easy set of features. The simpler set of features means your site will be quick to configure so you can get back to creating content.
- Easy to preview:- When choosing a free theme, you can try many features out on your site without needing to buy anything first. WordPress includes a feature that lets you preview free themes on your site before you even install them. Free themes are always secure and bug-free, which helps you to maintain the required level of quality and compatibility.
- Fast loading speed:- Free themes are leaner and load faster than premium themes because of the limited number of features available in free themes. You can easily develop your site in no time, and your site will load faster as well.
- Easy download:- You can download free themes easily. WordPress’s theme directory makes its theme available to a large user base. Due to this, developers can get feedback and suggestions from users, which help them improve and grow. Free WordPress themes help you in building the reputation of the company.
Also Read: How Creating A Community Helps Improve Your Sales Funnel
The disadvantage of free themes:-
- Do not provide proper support:- Providing full customer support is a big concern for many as there are chances of beginners running into some trouble. This can be a real deal-breaker for many developers as it’s often necessary to troubleshoot a bug or aspect of a new theme.
- Have limited functionalities:- Free WordPress themes support most of the standard features, but many don’t offer high-end, additional features.
- Not have unique designs: Free WordPress themes are used by many websites and blogs, which results in your website not having a unique design. There are usually limited options to customize the visual appearance of free WordPress themes.
- Free themes are not updated: If you choose free themes, it can be frustrating not to update your WordPress install because it will break your theme. This can also lead to security vulnerabilities.
Also Read: Top WordPress Coupon Plugins
Premium WordPress Theme
Premium WordPress themes are professionally designed and coded with some specific aim to reach out to maximum people who are willing to pay more for a better product. The premium WordPress theme includes powerful and advanced features, functionality, and services than the free WordPress themes and is usually sold for a fixed price. Here are the best reasons why you should buy a premium theme. If you know exactly what you’re looking for, then a premium theme is the better choice. Hopefully, the points I make below will help.
Advantage of Premium WordPress theme:-
- More flexible:- Almost all Premium themes come with more features and customization options. It includes comprehensive settings in the Live Customizer, dozens of shortcodes, and a complete page builder for custom template creation.
- High-quality design:- Premium themes are well designed, optimally coded, and thoroughly tested by professionals to ensure error-free. The higher quality theme is also reflected in your website’s speed and search engine ranking. With premium WordPress themes, the possibility of increasing your web traffic and revenue from your website is higher. In premium themes, you will find some great use of typography, color, and composition when browsing through paid themes compared to free themes.
- More functionalities than free themes:- Premium themes come with many customization options than their free ones. They also provide some amazing features, paid plug-ins, etc.
- Provide great support:- When you choose a premium theme, the developers must support you. The support can be of any kind: forum, email, video call, ticket support to get help fixing problems, etc. Premium themes can access better support from professionals, who work for hours to make sure your products work the way it is expected. This will save you endless hours of frustration and time.
- Updated regularly:- Premium themes are designed with trending web standards in mind. Developers keep on adding new features and upgrade premium themes regularly as per industry needs. Web standards are always changing. There are major updates after every few months. With each new release, premium themes fix bugs, improve performance, add new amazing features, and enhance the quality of existing features to stay up to date as per industry needs.
- More secure than free themes:- There is a tough market for premium WordPress themes, and developers earn money by selling premium themes. Therefore, developers invest a great deal of money and time in meeting high-security standards.
Also Read: Top WordPress Coupon Plugins
The disadvantage of Premium WordPress Themes:-
- Quite expensive:- Sometimes your favorite theme can be over your budget. Some premium themes even require yearly licensing. A premium theme with monthly or annual licensing fees can be expensive. It can be a deal-breaker for many users.
- Some don’t go through any official review process: Premium themes do not go with any official review process, resulting in buying a premium theme with poor code standards. Your theme may look good but lacks functionalities and compatibility with different plugins. Sometimes this can cost a lot more to buy users. Check out the premium theme buying guidelines before you buy them for your site. Therefore it is necessary to buy premium themes after reading its documentation and checking out the live demo of WordPress themes as provided by our WordPress themes.
That’s it! So what have you decided which theme better suits your needs? Which one will you use to build your website if you already have a website? Do you use free themes, or are you happy to spend money to buy premium themes and get all of the extra benefits covered above? Therefore, if you want a perfect website, we suggest you buy a premium theme. The premium theme provides access to premium support, a higher level of security, and out-of-the-box design options that will seal the deal for them. It all depends on you and your preferences. Have you found this article helpful? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Best WordPress Backup Plugins Compared
Best WordPress Gaming Themes For Gamers And Video Game Bloggers